Product Description & Reviews
Solid Brass Nautical Lantern Another Vermont Lanterns exclusive, our solid brass Onion Lanterns are fully functioning oil lamps. First used as colonial era lighting in the 1800's, Onion Lanterns were designed as a light to burn whale oil, and were used by nautical shipping companies and railroads. When made of brass they resist the harsh coastal New England weather. The shape of the glass globe and surrounding cage make the lantern very sturdy, and practical to use even in wind and rain. A classic nautical lantern, rich in maritime history. The Onion Lamp looks best hanging from a hook, but will also operate sitting on a table. Matching brass hanger available separately. Comes with a wick installed, burns standard Lamp Oil or Kerosene. Lantern stands 10" tall without the handle, 3.5" diameter at the base, and 7.5" at its widest point of the cage. Made of solid raw brass. Lantern will darken an age with time naturally, or you can polish it and keep it bright.
Features & Highlights
- Nautical Lantern stands 10" tall, Solid Brass
- Wick size: 1/2" Flat Wick - Burn Time: 12 hours
- A perfect blend of form and function our hanging oil lamps add to any decor, as well as being fully operational for ambient and emergency lighting
- We ship daily - Express shipping options available - Contact us - Vermont Lanterns
- Vermont Lanterns® is a Registered Trademark with the USPTO.
|Item Size:||7.5 x 10 x 10 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.