NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we’ll do everything we possibly can to ensure you’re a happy customer.
About this item: Crafted by hand, this jewelry box by Julio Sanchez is a superb example of a traditional Peruvian art. He works in mohena wood, a fine hardwood whose grain is similar to mahogany. Beautifully tooled leather depicts colonial art motifs, and the locking chest has ornate bronze handles on each side. Inner dimensions: 5.7 inches by 9.25 inches, and 4.75 inches tall. The inside of this chest is unlined.
- Equipped with a lock and key
About our Artist: Peru's Julio Sanchez says, 'My uncle was a was a master craftsman who worked with wood and leather, and I learned from him. When I was just 12, he let me begin finishing small pieces like leather trunks and jewelry boxes. I loved the work so much that I'd swipe pieces of leather from other people in the workshop to practice leather embossing on my own. My art is a family heritage, handed down over generations.'
Features & Highlights
- Size: 8.75" H x 11" W x 7.5" D
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Julio Sanchez - crafted with care to be treasured for years to come.
- Product Info: Mohena, cedar and plywood, leather and bronze
|Item Weight:||4.02 pounds|
|Item Size:||7.5 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||6.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||11.3 x 10 x 10 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by NOVICA, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.