NOVICA Colonial Wood and Leather Jewelry Box, Brown 'Colonial Treasure'
Free Shipping Included! NOVICA Colonial Wood and Leather Jewelry Box, Brown 'Colonial Treasure' by NOVICA at Wow In The Details. MPN: JB0039. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake
About this item: Crafted by hand, this jewelry box by Julio Sanchez is a superb example of a traditional Peruvian art. He works in mohena wood, a fine hardwood whose grain is similar to mahogany. Beautifully tooled leather depicts colonial art motifs, and the locking chest has ornate bronze handles on each side. Inner dimensions: 5.7 inches by 9.25 inches, and 4.75 inches tall. The inside of this chest is unlined.
- Equipped with a lock and key
About our Artist: Peru's Julio Sanchez says, 'My uncle was a was a master craftsman who worked with wood and leather, and I learned from him. When I was just 12, he let me begin finishing small pieces like leather trunks and jewelry boxes. I loved the work so much that I'd swipe pieces of leather from other people in the workshop to practice leather embossing on my own. My art is a family heritage, handed down over generations.'
Features & Highlights
- Size: 8.75" H x 11" W x 7.5" D
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Julio Sanchez - crafted with care to be treasured for years to come.
- Product Info: Mohena, cedar and plywood, leather and bronze
|Item Weight:||4.02 pounds|
|Item Size:||7.5 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||6.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||11.3 x 10 x 10 inches|