The Genuine Handmade Irish Shillelagh
The Genuine Handmade Irish Shillelagh by Hammacher Schlemmer at Wow In The Details. MPN: unknown. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Handmade only for Hammacher Schlemmer in County Wicklow, Ireland, this is the genuine walking stick bearing the same name as the town traditionally
Features & Highlights
- Handmade only for Hammacher Schlemmer in County Wicklow, Ireland, this is the genuine walking stick bearing the same name as the town traditionally known as the source of its origin centuries ago-Shillelagh.
- Crafted from coppiced blackthorn (Prunus spinosa), selected for its superior weight-to-hardness ratio, unlike inauthentic versions that fuse a blackthorn handle with a hazel shaft.
- Each stick is sustainably harvested from specimens of the stout wood in remote areas of County Wicklow, Cork, and Kerry.
- The knobbed handle is sanded smooth and the shaft is painted in a black enamel and lacquered with a high-gloss finish-no two sticks are identical, so each one made is unique. Thought to have elongated into its present form from its shorter fighting stick predecessor, today they are used by farmers for herding sheep or cattle, or simply as walking companions-many are considered family heirlooms.
- Every stick is finished with a copper tip. Presented in our signature green nylon bag. Each stick color may vary. Sticks are 36"-39" long. (1 lb.)
|Item Weight:||1 pounds|
|Item Size:||4 x 4 x 4 inches|
|Package Weight:||1 pounds|
|Package Size:||4 x 4 x 4 inches|