Product Description & Reviews
This is a Top Collection decorative figurine of Lady Justice - the personification of justice. Depictions of the Lady Justice dates to the Egyptian goddess Maat, who represented truth and order in ancient Egyptian society. Later ancient Greeks worshipped the goddess Themis who personified divine law and custom, and her daughter Dike who was always depicted carrying balance scale while ancient Romans revered Justitia who represented the morality of the justice system. Modern depictions of Lady Justice most closely resemble Justitia. Many depictions show her holding the sword in the right hand and scale in the left hand, but this product is one of a few where she holds the sword in the left hand and the scale in the right hand. The pair of balance scales represent the obligation of the law to weigh the evidence presented by both sides while the unsheathed double-edged sword signifies that justice is transparent and can rule against either side to protect the innocent. Lady Justice is seen blindfolded to show that she is unbiased and doesn't let outside factor influence decisions; representing the impartiality and objectivity of the law. She is stepping on a snake to show that she can crush evil or lies under her feet. Measuring 12.5 inches tall, this figurine of Lady Justice is superbly detailed and very intricate for its size. Made with cold with cold cast bronze, the special production process of this piece originating from Great Britain, uses actual bronze powder mixed with cold cast resin to ensure a richer, more life-like presentation. The hand-painted subtle accents further add to the depth and dimension of this piece. This process gives the product a high-quality antique look without sacrificing the details. Packed in beautiful gift-box ready for any occasion. The scales come separate from the figurine, so you only have to unscrew the top tip of the scale as shown in the picture above and fit it through her hand from underneath to screw the tip.
Features & Highlights
- EXQUISITE CRAFTSMANSHIP - Premium sculpted cold cast bronze by master sculptors- real bronze powder mixed with resin. Hand-painted in bronze finish with color accents to give a high-quality look without sacrificing the details.
- GORGEOUS REPRESENTATION - Figurine of Lady Justice in a blindfold holding a scale in one hand and a sword in the other while stepping on a snake. See description below for an explanation of what each symbolizes.
- PERFECT SIZE - Measures 12.5 inches tall and goes perfectly on a desk at home or in the office. Scales are detachable with screw-on top to attach to hand.
- UNIQUE PRESENT - Packed in beautiful gift-box ready for any occasion. Ideal for friends or relatives who are studying or pursuing a law career, or those who are strong believers of justice.
- LADY JUSTICE - Originates from the Egyptian goddess Maat who signified truth and order. Later ancient Greeks worshipped the goddess Themis and her daughter Dike while ancient Romans revered Justitia. Modern depictions of Lady Justice most closely resemble Justitia.
|Package Weight:||2.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.9 x 6.7 x 6.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By it's cactus - metal art haiti
mpn: RND755, ean: 0879315000865,
By Renaissance Collection
mpn: 60686, ean: 0696746195003,